Friday, August 13, 2010

{My Trip to NYC} Part Two :: Shopping in Soho

{jonathan adler store :: photos by kim stoegbauer}

I arrived in NYC late Wednesday night and had all day Thursday to "play" in the city! Melisa from Project Nursery was kind enough to be my "guide" for the day, although since I slept in (rare these days) it turned into a few hour excursion rather than a full day! With Martha Stewart's Bloggers' Night Out event that evening, I had to get back and be ready by 4pm. First stop, DKNY! A few peeks through the sale racks produced a few adorable silk dresses, one perfect one for my event that evening! Next up, a quick stop at Via Spiga, where we found the cutest wedges perfect for my dress on sale! A few accessories from the street vendor and I was set for my evening out! Once the outfit was complete, it was time to relax and enjoy the fabulous shops NY has to offer. We stopped at Jonathan Adler and I was in heaven. Bright, bold colors...modern, comfortable design...I could have stayed all day.

{jonathan adler store :: photos by kim stoegbauer}

{jonathan adler store :: photos by kim stoegbauer}

Next stop, Anthropologie! Okay, so we have these here in Phoenix but I've never been. It's my assistant Andrea's favorite store and now I know why! Beautiful home decor, clothing and accessories! I found these adorable yellow mum knobs for Kate's new dresser and put them up front to purchase and forgot to buy them! Oops! Hopefully they have them at the location here. Aren't they adorable? I also spotted the ruffled multi-colored shower curtain that I wrote about on Facebook a few months ago that would be amazing as a dessert table backdrop!

{anthropologie :: photos by kim stoegbauer}

Last but definitely not least, we stopped at the kate spade store! I have been a huge fan of kate spade for what seems like forever! Starting with the days when all I could afford were the knockoffs (sorry, kate) to now, appreciating the style, quality and uniqueness of the designs! I love everything about the products, store displays and marketing. Bright, fabulous colors, girly style, graphic patterns...for sure my favorite brand ever.

{kate spade nyc :: photos by kim stoegbauer}

I already showed you my new Kate Spade iPhone case, but they had some others there that were ADORABLE! Once my new one wears out, I'm getting the bright flowers below!
Lovely...lovely...lovely!


{kate spade nyc :: photos by kim stoegbauer}

We grabbed a quick lunch and it was time for me to get back and get ready for....MARTHA!!!

Stay tuned.........

6 comments:

Courtney @ Pizzazzerie said...

AAAH Love the pics! :)

Vana said...

lovely pictures, Kim! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! It's like I was there:)...and I didn't even need to spend the money to fly in:) xoxo

Julie Gallagher said...

You just did pretty much everything I would do if I had been there! So nice to live my dream life through you! NOW I HAVE TO GET A KS phone cover!!!Now for all the details about Martha Bloggers Night so it can be as if I was there too!!!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Wonderful pictures! Looks like a fun way to spend the day :)

Vicky said...

Seriously you had never been to Anthro???? I find that insane- glad you loved it, I imagine the NY store must be amazing:)

Porshad Elie said...

OH!! How I adore kate spade!!!! It doesn't compare to any other designer brand! I love love love!!!! :)